The purpose of floating suction is to extract the cleanest product contained in a tank.
Water and foreign bodies settle at the bottom of the tank through gravity.
Our Design Office dimensions the floating suctions to extract the upper layer of the stored liquid at the tank outlet.
The extracted product is cleaner and the filters work less.
The floating suction comprises a T2000 cast-iron swivel joint with flange connection ASA 150 RF which is both symmetrical and robust.
The tubing and accessories are available in aluminium or stainless steel.
The purpose of floating suction is to extract product in a tank from the upper layer of the liquid to avoid including foreign bodies that may settle.
The extracted product is therefore cleaner and the filters work less.
Our floating suctions are designed to operate in horizontal or vertical tanks, with or without a floating screen.
Advantages of the LARCO floating suction :
- Increased service life of the floating suction thanks to :
- Symmetrical shape of the T2000 swivel joint that can withstand the horizontal forces.
- Cast-iron construction of the T2000 swivel joint
- Self-lubricating rings of the T2000 swivel joint
- Mechanical system that compensates continuously for the play from wear on the rings of the T2000 swivel joint.
- Wide range of diameters
- 4’’ to 30’’
- T2000 swivel joint leaktight up to 6 bar.
- ATEX certification: ATEX II&G c IIB T6 T°-20°C to 60°C
Inlet and outlet pipes in the same perpendicular plane as the rotating axis
Entirely leaktight (system to adjust play in the sealing rings)
Very long service life
Rotation +60° to -10° (displacement)
Wide choice of diameters: 4″ to 30″
Symmetrical construction : Inlet and outlet in the same axis, no torque problem, no risk of deviation
- The skimmer is a by-product of floating suction. Its purpose is to collect the upper layer above the stored product.
- Position indicator to monitor the level of the floating suction.
- Sample-taking device used to sample the stored product from three levels.
- T2000 swivel joint with epoxy paint